Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Manager
Location: NI Based
Salary: Generous - Tailored Package
Our client is a leading civil engineering contractor with work based throughout Northern Ireland.
Managing a commercial team of 4 people you will be responsible for:
- Leading the commercial administration process;
- Production of interim and final accounts;
- Promote a positive working environment;
- Procurement of sub-contract accounts;
- Provide accurate forecasting;
- Support contractual compliance;
- Margin forecasting;
- Provide contractual appraisal of tenders.
- Professionally manage client engagement from early stages through to contract signature working closely with all stakeholders to deliver a brilliant customer experience
- Manage internal and external stakeholders effectively and professionally at all times
- Understand the commercial aspect of the proposed sites & look to review/improve if required.
- Assisting in the development of business and marketing plans for the company, identifying and qualifying growth potential
- Be responsible for work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control
- Monitor and actively manage and mitigate work package risks
- Provide input to internal and external commercial reports as required by Commercial Delivery Strategy
- Ensure processes and document control align with the appropriate company standards
- Work and collaborate with key partners in finance, project management, engineering, sub-contractors, suppliers and clients
- Be responsible for maintaining auditable records for responsible work packages in accordance with contractual requirements
- Senior Quantity Surveyor level with 7 years+ civil engineering experience;
- A working knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts;
- Relevant QS qualification;
- Experience of working successfully independently, with a self-motivated and driven personality;
- Full UK Driving License;
- IT literate with MS packages.
- Management of Junior Commercial Staff
- Strong track record in a contractor side, project environment
- Able to manage both direct labour and subcontract costs
- Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods
- Able to forecast cost and measure cost of work complete
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to manage commercial strategies
- Ability to work with limited supervision and manage expectations
- Good financial and commercial acumen
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will receive an attractive salary - negotiable on experience with car or allowance, pension, healthcare and flexible working arrangement.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Michelle Doran at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.