Our client a leading company in the County Down area are seeking to appoint an experienced Fabrication Manger to join their expanding team.
About the job:
This is a new role where the successful applicant will plan, co-ordinate and control metal manufacturing processes within the metal fabrication department.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the project management teams in weekly project meetings to discuss progress and programmes
- Managment of all raw materials and stock levels
- Review fabrication drawings prior to entering the production line for the correct measurements and specifications
- Ensure company welding procedures are adhered to and developed
- Ensure company painting standards are adhered to and developed.
- Liaise regularly with line managers in relation to labour resources, training, machinery and any non-conformances.
- Supporting weekly progress reports and target advancements on individual project.
- Ensuring the project progresses in a timely manner and in accordance with project programs and specifications.
- Manage and schedule workload accordingly in the fabrication facilities.
- Set a personal example to all personnel will on site.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Management.
- Previous experience working as a steel fabrication manager.
- Hold fabrication/welding certification (i.e. HNC Fabrication & Welding, City & Guild Fabrication & Welding Tech Parts I, II, III, etc..)
- Previous experience or familiarity with pipe/structural welding procedures.
- Computer skills, including the ability to operate Microsoft Office & Excel.
- Organise a structured approach to your work.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a varied portfolio of work.
- Full Driving License.
- Good attendance and timekeeping record.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to motivate colleagues, whilst maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Ability to operate CAD would be considered highly advantageous.
- Previous experience on operating any of the following machines (CNC Plasma Plate Cutter, Press Brake, CNC Pipe Bending Machine, Orbital Pipe Welder)
- Previous experience or familiarity with spray painting procedures
- Previous experience in using DWG/Auto Cad software
A highly competitive salary package is on offer for this role
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Rachel Crangle at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.