A Tier One Building & Civil Engineering contractor based in Co Antrim has a New Opportunity for a Civil Estimator to join the Commercial Team.
You will be joining a leading contractor and be involved in high profile projects throughout UK, Ireland and Internationally.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implement the strategy and systems of the Company, ensuring tenders are undertaken and prepared to the high quality standards that the Company reputation demands
- Responsible for all aspects of the tender compilation.
- Ensure all requirements of tender documentation are identified and included in tender cost.
- Resolution of all commercial issues and queries in consultation with Designers, Clients Representative, Sub- Contractors and Suppliers as relevant.
- Carry out tender evaluations highlighting any pricing anomalies, exclusions, additions, specification qualifications or changes, provisional sum allowances, fixed price adjustments, risk considerations, contingencies.
- Participate in and advise on value engineering workshops identifying areas of potential cost improvement, researching and reporting on alternative solutions for materials and components.
- Prepare cash flows as part of tender review.
- Provide a professional approach to every stage of the tender process.
- Produce a programme to monitor the progress of the tender and key dates within the formulation of the bid.
- Ensure that every aspect of the bid is evaluated from first principles.
- Check and confirm that the quantities being used are correct, ensure that a comprehensive pricing document is prepared for compilation of the tender project cost.
- Demonstrate that in terms of method, engineering and build-ability every aspect of the tender has been produced accurately and reflects the true cost of labour, plant and materials, for both direct and in-direct costs.
- Work and liaise closely with other members of the team, including Operations Managers, Commercial Managers, Planners, Quality and Safety departments in the preparations of tenders, ensuring the highest level of quality in the tender submission.
- Preparation of the tender submission to the exact requirements of the client and ensure the tender is submitted within the deadlines specified.
- Presentation of the components of the tender to Senior Management in the Tender Review to allow the tender to be signed off prior to submission.
- Attend site visits and tender meetings to represent the Company and liaise with clients throughout the process.
- Review all tender submissions including unsuccessful bids, ensuring that any problems are identified and solutions proposed and implemented.
- Carrying out take-off
- Preparing Cost Plans
Estimators are required to have a minimum of 3-4 years' experience ideally within Civils, and be qualified in Quantity Surveying/ Engineering/ Construction related degree.
A tailored salary & remuneration package will be on offer to the successful Estimator.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Michelle Doran at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.