CONTRACTOR – BUILDING & CIVILS
Our client is one of the leading Building and Civil Engineering Contractors operating throughout Ireland.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Buyer to join their team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Purchasing Department working under the direction of the Purchasing Manager. With opportunities to adapt to a hybrid working situation with some office based work, and some working from home if that is a preference. The successful applicant will have previous experience of procurement within the Construction Industry. We are particularly interested in applicants who have a background in Quantity Surveying, Estimating or Site Management/Engineering, although these aren’t essential.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Procurement of Subcontract Packages, Materials and Plant to deliver a cost effective, competent and sustainable supply chain that will support the construction activities.
· Negotiation and placement of orders.
· Ensure that there is an auditable document flow to demonstrate the delivery of best value procurement.
· Pre-Construction involvement in design meetings, product selection, obtaining quotations for cost certainty, supply chain development.
· Post contract duties include setting up supply chains for both material, plant & subcontract packages.
· Timely and effective processing of requisitions, material order negotiation and placement.
· Maintenance of purchasing database, continuous assessment of suppliers and subcontractors to pre-agreed KPI's.
· Chairing meetings when relevant, management, project team and subcontractors and suppliers.
· Value engineering and cost saving initiatives and seek approval for alternative products or processes where there is a commercial advantage.
· Understand specifications and Construction Drawings.
· Comparison and analysis of tender returns including recommendations on awarding of work packages.
· Develop and draft package procurement documentation including ITT and Subcontract forms.
· Review and input into the drafting of package scope documents and tender enquiries.
· Ensure that the procurement function is pro-active and has an input into procurement decision making by attending procurement meetings.
· Involvement in pre-contract negotiation with subcontractors, involving construction and commercial team members.
· Construction related degree
· Previous experience in the construction industry.
· Experience using a range of IT packages including Word, Excel, Accounts, Purchasing to Pay and Estimating related packages.
· Experience of Tendering, Negotiating and Placement of sub-contract and materials orders.
· Happy to travel occasionally throughout UK to project meetings and supply chain events. Maybe only once a month – Maximum.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.